At Floreat Montague Park we believe that a child’s character is as important as their academic knowledge with exercise being a big part of this process. Playing sports keeps children fit and healthy while letting them engage with others in a safe and happy environment.
The Government’s Sports Premium gives extra funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport - is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best way of using the money. For example, the funding can be used to:
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- Provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs
- Run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the school games
- Run sports activities with other schools
At Floreat we want to ensure that every child flourishes in all aspects of school life, and PE and Sport will be at the forefront of this.
For further information please visit the Government website.