PE & Sport Premium
Sports Premium Lead
At Floreat Montague Park, we recognise that physical education and sport are vital if children are to lead and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle. The motto of the London Olympic Games was Inspire a generation. We value sport and know it can build strength , skills and stamina. The journey from novice to mastery of a sport builds self-confidence and pride. Our aim is to inspire children to try sport and begin this journey.
The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils. We believe in the importance of physical activity and sports in developing pupils’ wellbeing, development, health and social skills.
Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer, but they are free to choose the best way to do so. The government suggests that school can use funding to:
- hire specialist PE teachers
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools.
We aim to develop PE and sports provision through:
- following a broad and balanced PE curriculum
- giving every child the opportunity to swim at least 25m by the end of Y6
- developing children’s fitness
- meeting the needs of different children through providing opportunities for all - with adaptations to cater for physical and other needs
- developing the skills of our staff in order to ensure long term benefit for our pupils
- providing positive, enjoyable and rewarding experiences for our pupils
At Floreat Montague Park we want to ensure that every child flourishes in all aspects of school life, and PE and Sport will be at the forefront of this. Each year we publish how we have spent our allocation.